By clicking “Accept”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.
View our Privacy Policy for more information or to change your preferences.

Essential documentation

Tax forms in the United States play a key role in the tax system, and their use varies depending on the business structure. 

Form 1120 is used for corporate (C Corp) tax returns. In the case of C Corps, taxes are paid at the entity level using this form, and shareholders do not directly report the corporation's income and losses on their personal tax returns.

On the other hand, Form 1040 is used for individual personal tax returns. If it is a single-member LLC, income and losses are reported on the owner's personal return using Form 1040.

For non-U.S. resident individuals, Form 1040NR is essential. Foreign partners of an LLC can use this form to report and pay taxes on LLC income.

In the context of partnerships, such as LLCs with two or more members, Form 1065 is used. This form is used to report the LLC's income and losses, and these amounts are distributed among the partners. The partners, in turn, report these amounts on their personal tax returns.

Form 5472 is used to report transactions between foreign entities and U.S. corporations, which is crucial for businesses that have foreign ownership.

Finally, Form 1120F is used by foreign corporations operating in the United States. It allows reporting income and business activities in the country, ensuring tax compliance for these entities.

At prodezk we understand that this can be a confusing and complex process, that is why we provide you with the guidance and support you need to complete your income tax return. Contact us now, we will be happy to work with you.